Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for all kinds of love
Updated: Feb 12
Gifts from the heart come in many forms. Here are a few ideas to help you share the love with your spouse, kiddos or friends this Valentine’s Day. And this year... why not?
A few weeks ago, my best girlfriends and I sat around a socially-distanced circle for an outdoor happy hour. Among the many topics we ping-ponged to and from, we at one point landed on Valentine’s Day.
“What would you really want for Valentine’s Day?,” I asked them.
Can you imagine how fun this conversation became...?
Overall, the top two results from my informal poll were words from the heart and a fun experience to share. Both of those items are excellent to give and to receive. Time set aside together with your spouse or partner and taking the time to share words about the other (in person or on paper).
So Kornblue is playing Cupid here to help you out whether you’re married or single, a parent or grandparent, a friend or a neighbor. Even if you’re not a fan of Valentine's Day, perhaps you use it as a time to pause and connect following what has been a doozy of a year. If you’re still not feeling it, well that’s totally understandable too - move along and check in with me another day!
THE GOOD STUFF
· Words, in person or on paper. Never underestimate the power of words.
· An experience. Carve out some time for just you two and arrange something special. Or schedule an experience for your love to do on his/her own - something they already enjoy or have been meaning to try.
Whether it’s a dinner with candles at home (put the kids to bed early!) or a new adventure in or near your hometown or even afar, find the fun.
Think of the things your partner enjoys and contact experts in those fields. Does your Valentine love to fish? Wrap up a new face gaiter then tell them you're going fishing! Local fishing guides often provide sunset cruises - Fish Envy Charters for example, is doing just that in South Florida with an option to stop by a waterway restaurant for dinner and then fish afterwards.
Rent some bikes and bar hop at outdoor locations. Rent a boat or a paddle board or snowboard. Take a golf or tennis lesson together. Book a sitter and go to the beach or play and picnic in the snow. Bring wine and a charcuterie board or order one ready to go.
Set up a virtual wine tasting experience! Laird Family Estate (one of our favorite vineyards) is doing just that. You select your favorite two wines or the wines you would like to learn more about, give them your best day and time, they ship the wines to you and then host your tasting. Maybe you order a fondue kit for that night too, enjoy it together then watch a movie in your comfy pants or sexy stuff 😉
If you’re comfortable with travel, book a trip. Book a staycation close to home - one night away at your local resort. It all goes back to time together, just you two.
• Boca Raton Resort & Club Specials
• Sandals Resorts And Beaches Resorts Celebrates Love With "Love Is All You Need" Sweepstakes
• Sandals Resorts And Beaches Resorts Toast To Sweethearts In Love With New Valentine’s Day Sale
All of the above make up the good stuff. The true gifts.
Now for the goodies. The little or big things that come in a little or big box!
GOODIES FOR THE GALS...
· Send her flowers or bring some home (don’t forget your daughters too!)
· Book a babysitter, make dinner reservations or order takeout. Come home with dinner, wine, flowers AND a card!
· Boutique items - support local and pop into your local stores to pick a little something up for your Valentine, mom, daughter or friend
· If your valentine is a mom herself, let her sleep in on Valentine’s Day….and the day after.
· The bling. If your budget allows, go big! My go-to destination for diamonds is Rosenberg Diamonds in Boca Raton. The store is gorgeous, not to mention all the pretty things inside… and they ship worldwide. Owner, atelier and diamantaire David Rosenberg will treat you like family and help you find the perfect "little big something" for your love. Diamonds match everything....!
GOODIES FOR THE GENTS....
· New pair of sneaks
· JBL Portable speaker
Some of these items may seem lame to gift on Valentine’s Day, but it’s all about the presentation. If you give a speaker, pair an outdoor date along with it (remember to charge the speaker first so you can put it to use!). If you know your man wants a new pair of sneakers, put something fun for the two of you to enjoy inside them!
GOODIES FOR ANYONE
· CeCe DuPraz embroiders your child’s artwork straight onto totes, pouches and robes (Order by 2/8/21 to arrive by 2/14)
· Order sweets or make your own! I love Earth & Sugar chocolate cake so I imagine everything else is to die for! Or how about chocolate covered strawberries? Support your local chocolate shop or make them at home with your kids.
· Give back — Write uplifting notes to seniors in nursing homes near you or reach out and help specific organizations who help the underserved
· Decorate a bottle of wine and bring it to your love or a friend - Bliss Designs does this beautifully!
· Self-care: Join Oprah for her free "Oprah's Your Life in Focus: Be the Love You Need - Live Virtual Experience," Saturday, February 13 at 11am ET/8am PT. "During this time, there is so much focus on the love others bring to us. The path to a stronger, healthier life, begins, first and foremost, with the love we bring ourselves," says Oprah Winfrey. "This Valentine's Weekend, let's open our own hearts to the joy, warmth, wellness and inspiration we can offer ourselves in order to activate the life we most desire. Only then, can we share that love with the world around us." Register for free here.
GOODIES FOR THE KIDDOS
· Sweets for all and flowers for the girls - even just a single stem rose goes a long way
· Take your sons and daughters out on a date!
· Pop into your local boutiques and walk out with all good things
· Put some photos together from their life. Children love to see their life in pictures - especially since we’ve all gone digital. My daughter did this for me at Christmas and it was my most favorite gift of all.
· Celebrate love with your children. Tips from Aha! Parenting's Dr. Laura Markham here
Happy Valentine's Day, Friends xoxo, Paige
Follow Paige Kornblue on
Have a story idea or wish to collaborate? Contact us here!